The “Art” Of Sustainable Harvest
At PATCHEN, trees are cut carefully, leaving a whorl of branches so another tree can grow from the same stump. It’s like YOUR Christmas tree is simply a branch, and you can cut another in a few years.
A Color For Every Tree
- Sustainability starts with a “window” near the base of each tree
- It contains a spot, showing where to cut
- Not above the spot! or below the spot!
- But Right On The Spot!
- Most trees have either Red, Yellow, or Green.
- Regardless of size – from Seedlings to 7 Footers – each color has a single price
- Red Is for tight budgets – mostly Redwoods (perfectly shaped at any size)
- Yellow trees are mostly Douglas Firs, Monterey Pines & Leyland/Monteray Cypress
- Green is for “true firs” and other “exotics”
- Blue is reserved for custom shaped trees or trees over 8 feet
…. these are priced by the foot
- Trees with NO COLOR SPOT are not for sale!
- Trees NOT CUT ON THE COLOR SPOT come with a customer surcharge!
- PLEASE ASK BEFORE PROCEEDING!
This tiny Redwood, will be the 4th harvested from the same stump