The “Art” Of Sustainable Tree Harvesting
Our trees are cut carefully, leaving a whorl of branches on the stump. After a few years, another Christmas tree emerges from that same stump, and the process goes on endlessly. Think of it as your Christmas tree being a branch of a tree that continues on, long after you have cut your branch.
A Color For Every Tree
To insure that the process works, every tree is cultured to have a “window” near its base, which has a color spot, indicating exactly where it should be cut
– not above or below the spot, but right on it –
That means trees with NO COLOR SPOT are not available for sale !
The Color Code
- Red is for budgets – Redwoods (perfectly shaped at any size), and others.
- Yellow ones are mostly Douglas Firs, Monterey Pines & some Cypress.
- Green is reserved for the “true firs” and certain other “exotics”.
- Blue indicates custom cultured trees and trees over 8 feet. Blue dot trees are “priced by the foot”
- Most trees fall into either the Red, Yellow, or Green category, whether seedlings
or 7 footers- all are priced according to the Color Spot – regardless of size!
- Trees NOT CUT ON THE COLOR SPOT are very expensive!
PLEASE ASK BEFORE PROCEEDING!
- This tiny Redwood, just starting its new life, will be the 4th one harvested from the same stump !