The “Art” Of Sustainable Tree Harvesting
At PATCHEN, trees are cut carefully, leaving a whorl of branches so another tree can grow from the same stump. It’s like YOUR Christmas tree is simply a branch, and you can cut another in a few years.
A Color For Every Tree
- To insure Sustainability works, each tree has a “window” near its base
- The window has a color spot, indicating where to cut
- Not above the spot!
- Not below the spot!
- But right on the spot!
- Most trees have either a Red, Yellow, or Green spot
- Regardless of size – from Seedlings to 7 Footers – each color has a single price
- Red Is for tight budgets – mostly Redwoods (perfectly shaped at any size)
- Yellow trees are mostly Douglas Firs, Monterey Pines & some Cypress
- Green is reserved for the “true firs” and certain other “exotics”
- Blue is for custom shaped trees or trees over 8 feet
…. these are priced by the foot
- Trees with NO COLOR SPOT are not for sale!
- Trees NOT CUT ON THE COLOR SPOT come with a customer surcharge!
- PLEASE ASK BEFORE PROCEEDING!
This tiny Redwood, will be the 4th harvested from the same stump